Wednesday, November 11, 2009

emo shit will try to TRICK YOU!

emotions are so crazy. floating around unwarranted and mostly pretty irrational (well mine are anyways) for us to sort through and make sense of. i used to act on my insane emotions all of the time, in fact i trusted them with a lot of decisions that i made in my life with regard to relationships and how i took care of myself. acting on my emotions got me nowhere but medicated and depressed and going nowhere. i'd love to say that i don't do that anymore, but it's simply not true. i absolutely react on my emotions and make bad decisions based on them. the difference now is that i have an awareness that my emotions are not to always be trusted. what i do differently now is try to wrangle those motherfuckers and let them go without causing too much damage to myself and those around me. that's half the battle in my everyday life these days. but let me tell you, i've got the right support and the right resources now. that is something i'm positive of. and for me not to utilize those resources would be ignorant on my part.
emotional sobriety is one of the biggest challenges in my newly sober life. i've started meditating, being more serious about asking for humble direction from a god of my understanding, and doing a weekly self inventory with a therapist, and keeping journals for all of the rest of that emotional crap that's left over trying to TRICK ME!
BUT a little bird in the form of a big blue book told me that prayer, meditation, and self inventory builds an unshakeable foundation for life. and i believe it. my shit will someday be UNSHAKEABLE. watch the fuck out! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post. absolutely right on.