Monday, October 27, 2008

sometimes slowly


i done did another tattoo yesterday. it was on one of my very best friends tim cannon. it was so much fun and i didn't freak out nearly as much as i did before. it took less time than i thought, a mere two hours, and everytime i tattoo it gets a tiny bit easier than before. i had such a great time.

yesterday was pretty much awesome all around. my brother brought us starbucks and we all hung out for a bit. i cleaned up the apartment and did a little skull painting. tim came over and we headed to the shop where i convinced him to let me do something a little easier and more tattooable than what he wanted (about three small paragraphs of lettering scrolling around his arm. ugh) and i had the best fun doing it. i chaired the meeting and we came back home and ate village white pizza (SO DELICIOUS). tim, jason, and i had a pretty awesome convo about buddhism and i read and went to sleep. my life now is so gratifying and awesome. my relationships with people just continue to get more and more dynamic and meaningful and i'm getting used to the idea of being a respected person.

learning how to tattoo has been one of the best experiences of my life so far, and i couldn't have done it without getting sober first. i've learned to accept that doing a little bit of something at a time gradually will eventually leave you with something significant to look at, if only you work at it bit by bit. this is completely contrary to the way that my brain is used to thinking, so it takes some time to not want to expect immediate results or get an immediate solution, which using drugs and alcohol so conveniently provided. but it works and i'm feeling so awesome about the small amount of progress that i've made so far. it gives me hope and motivation to keep doing what i'm doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the more I look at that thing the more impressed I am.