Thursday, October 30, 2008

turd cuts

my mom was admitted to the hospital on tuesday. she was having chest pains and after some testing they ruled out anything cardiac, but determined that it was acid reflux and some sleep apnea. basically all because of her obesity. it scares me because i believe that my mom uses food the same way that addicts use drugs or alcohol. my mom isn't an alcoholic or drug addict, but i definitely think she's got a problem with using food as a drug. as far as this stuff is concerned i can do nothing but be an example of how recovery can change your life. that's pretty hard when it's your mom.

on a lighter note, the convention is this weekend and i'm really excited. jason is getting all of his stuff together, and i think that we may be having dinner with ken and mike from black anchor tonight. i've got about 13 paintings to sell and we're going to be passing out these cute little pamphlets that jason made explaining the transition from eye candy to black cat. we took a look at the artist list last night and i've got my eye on jesse strother to tattoo me if i can grab some time with him. he's badass!

i was supposed to work today but meadow covered my shift. i'm finally going to go up to my apartment after about two weeks of ignoring that place. i've gotta pay my rent as much as i don't want to, and get a few things squared away. possibly start actually staying up there. ugh. i've just gotta do it!

i worked my ass off at work yesterday. i've been getting really tired of that place lately. i know this because i've been letting mean customers get to me. mostly i can ignore them or just be nice and forget about it, but occasionally i let them sneak in.

anyway i've gotta go get my day started. TTFN!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: